Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Plums & Apples & Potatoes



Plums...
grape purple or champagne pink colored...
selling in the town square market, even as we left...

Apples...
then Norwegian apple's season is next...
someone told me they thought they were sour...
which makes for good pies I've heard (but I don't bake, yet?!)

Potatoes...
follow sometime (July/Aug/Sept?) - have read that the first potatoes of the season...go to the King (or I'm thinking to the Royal kids...
or Queen Mom probably is more like it?!)

Note: borrowed fruit photos from Google Images, Flickr...
King & Queen photo from the Danish Royal Watchers?! Now there's a job - how 'bout the Norwegian Royal Watchers? just don't know...was sorry to find out the Royal kids aren't so, it's more like potatoes for the Royal Grandkids instead?!
And Hey--Wait a minute! I was told that nobody carries umbrellas in Norway? hmmm...looks like formal ones here that the King & Queen are carrying, must look into that (after I've already bought a rain suit?! & another rain jacket & a long rain coat & more Crocs for the rain & so on...)

No comments: